Happy New Year you all! Hope you had a good time, whether you celebrate it or not 🙂 I personally never cared a lot about the whole New Years and all its resolutions and stuff like that, but I had a good time nonetheless. I went over to my boyfriend, had a great time, played boardgames (another thing I absolutely love besides reading), and was generally just reeaaallllyyyy lazy xD
Now, I know, I know, I said I’d go back to updating regularly and then didn’t post anything for (over) three months. BUT, as always my excuse, things happened, I had another reading slump and only pulled myself out when I continued reading the Discworld novels, and started my reread of Vampire Academy recently.
As for excuses..
- I got the most wonderful amazing boyfriend ever, who also reads (honestly, that’s enough to be perfect anyway, right? 😉 However, that means I didn’t spend as much time alone as I used to, meaning I had less time to review and update.
- I also worked a full 200 hours in November (okay, and August and September and December too.. I’ll admit), so not much time to read either. I did continue buying new books though (did you expect anything else of me?)
- I went to Amsterdam and visited about three bookstores. I only came home with 4 or 5 books.. so that’s a new achievement xD
- I got GORGEOUS new bookshelves and I’m so excited to fill them completely with books! I do have them for a while already, and I’ve mostly just put every book in it and I got some decorations, some cute plants, and I’m trying to figure out what books I want in which place and stuff like that. I also need to make a rack for my nail polish, which will be stored in my bookshelves and I’ll take a picture when it’s done.
- other than that, I’ve been mostly busy with cleaning, chores (yay, living by yourself._.), and working.
(quick photo of my bookshelves because THEY’RE SO PRETTY. This might not be the final design *makes Hannibal joke reference* so I’ll probably update you throughout the year)
Anyhow, as I’m writing this, it’s just December and I’m planning on scheduling all coming reviews for the new year. Something about fresh start and stuff (not really, but I’ll be quite busy the last two weeks so I probably don’t have enough time to write a review and post it, so I’ll just schedule them for January and if I keep up my reading, I’ll finally be back to updating more.
(I originally wrote that in my review of Everything, Everything, which will be coming up later this week, and I’m way too lazy to edit the whole paragraph so I just kept it like that xD)
Now, I also generally don’t have a specific TBR for the month but this month I’d like to try because I also never know what to read since I have so many books I’ve yet to read xD So for this month I’d like to name a few books I’d like to read, also because I just love talking about books and anything about books 🙂
Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
I did start the Vampire Academy series back in December, which got me out of my reading slump, hurray! I’m currently still reading the third book in the series and I’m hoping to finish it before the month ends. I’d also like to read the last two books.
Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
Of course there’s a Pratchett book., there’s always a Pratchett book on my TBR xD But last Christmas I started reading Hogfather because well… it’s Christmas themed.. sorta. You’ll know when you read the book 😉 However, I’m currently loving it, and I do certainly plan on finishing it by the end of January. I had planned on reading it over Christmas since I don’t celebrate it anyway, but I ended up working, having to go to the Christmas dinner with the whole family (which sucked, as I expected), my mom and little sister came over for a brunch since my sister invited them to our apartment. The rest of the time was spent with my boyfriend, who told me to read Hogfather, but yeah, I didn’t get a lot of reading done in the end.
Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
Originally the next one on my list after The Fifth Elephant, but yeah Christmas and Hogfather got in the way so there’s that. I do plan on reading this one and continuing the series after that.
So far, that’s all I have. I know I don’t read a lot, because I don’t have a lot of time, so my TBR is pretty small. For now, I’m hoping to read these books and I’ll see what I’ll get done. I do have a lot more series that seem so awesome to me (and a lot of them I already have on my shelves because… I might not read but still buy a lot of books ^^; )
What’s on your TBR for January? Anything you’d recommend me to start reading when I’ve finished these books? Among others on my shelves are The Grisha, Six of Crows, Monsters of Verity, The Raven Cycle, and I honestly don’t know which one I would like to read first haha
Find me on: