Heya! I don’t know if there’s an actual list with all TTT’s for each Thursday, but while I’m searching that up (or you could tell me in the comments where to find it? 🙂 ), I’m making my own. So, here is: 10 books/series I definitely want to read in 2016
- Gone series by Michael Grant. Yes, I am one of those people who’ve never read that series, but they’ve been on my to-read list forever!
- The Talon-Saga by Julie Kagawa. She is by far one of my all-time favorite authors. I’ve read the entire Iron Fey, Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, and Blood of Eden, and I sure as hell want to read this (still ongoing?) series!
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. Yes, another thing to shame me for: never read the Harry Potter series. I did see the movies tough, but that’s not the same. The problem is: I want to read them all in one read, and my library often doesn’t have all the books at the same time, and don’t think they even have all the English books
- The Ranger’s Apprentice series and the Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanagan. I put those two together because they’re both from the same author. I’ve actually started the Ranger’s Apprentice a while ago, but my library didn’t have more than the first three books in English, and starting a series in English and reading further in Dutch is just something I cannot do. So yeah, makes it a lot harder to read the rest.
- Everything by Rick Riordan. I read the Percy Jackson series 3 years ago and I loved it so much! They’re actually the first real books I ever read in English haha. I’m thinking about buying them (I should stop thinking and just buy them already though, but my salary isn’t here yet). Other than Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan has written The Heroes of the Olympus, the Kane Chronicles, Magnus Chase, The Trials of Apollo (still ongoing, the first book has just come out!) and probably more, and they’re all on my to-read list!
- Bloodlines by Richele Mead. This is a spin-off from the popular Vampire Academy series she has written, which I really loved. I have the Ebooks somewhere, but somehow I never seem to be able to enjoy an Ebook as much as I would a normal book.
- Clockwork Princess, The Bane Chronicles, The Dark Artifacts by Cassandra Clare. Some may hate me for this, but I am actually quite a fan of Cassandra Clare. Sure, in the Mortal Instruments series, Clary could really get on my nerves sometimes but I did enjoy the books. The first and second books of the Infernal Devices were just as awesome, maybe even a little more. The other books are still on my to-read list because, you guessed it, my library doesn’t have them 😦
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I bought these books last year, and even read the first book 4 years ago. But since I can’t really remember it, I’ll just read it again, now with my own beautiful hardcovers (actually the only hardcovers I ever bought).
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. Once again, a series I once started, but couldn’t read further because I borrowed the books from my high-school teacher, and then I graduated. I did buy them too, last year, really excited to read them again. I just hope I wont spoil myself because I’m also watching the series 😛
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Does it even surprise you any more when I say I did read the first book a long time ago? Probably not. I want to read them all in English now because the other parts won’t be translated any more. Now I just need someplace to get them.
I realized this may be a lot for the little 4 months we have left of 2016, but I hope I’ll read as much as I can of this list.
Do you have read any of these series? Or want to? What’d you think? Tell me the books you want to read before 2016 ends!
Find me on: